Experience the atmosphere and culinary art that Wellington has to offer, starting at the Bolton Hotel. Artisan Dining House at the Bolton is an dining experience with a focus on locally sourced, high quality produce.
You’ll appreciate the service and attention to detail at Artisan, but it’s the food that takes centre stage. Executive chef McLean Fraser explains:
"Artisan stands for something. It's not nutrients, calories or 'likes'. It's simpler than that. It's about good food. Food you’ll really enjoy and remember.”
MacLean has always been passionate about travelling and experiencing new foods and cultures. During his time overseas he travelled extensively throughout Asia and Europe. It is these experiences that helped create his cooking style, expertly balancing international flavours with classic techniques.
Maclean’s recent awards include:
- NZChefs Association Chef of the Year 2018
- Beef and Lamb Excellence Awards gold plates 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Finalist, NZ Vegetarian Dish Challenge 2014
- Finalist, Silver Fern Farms Premier Selection Awards 2014
- Winner, NZ Vegetarian Dish Challenge 2015
- Finalist, MiNDFOOD Award – Visa Wellington on a Plate Best DINE Wellington Menu 2015
- Best dish over $25, Hospitality Association New Zealand Awards 2015
- Finalist, Best Dish NZ, Ora King Salmon Awards 2015